At present market offers a lot of different automated test tools serving various purposes. That is why it is not an easy task to select the right ones. It is known that there is no ideal instrument suitable for all the cases. Each project is unique and requires customized approach.
So, before acquiring testing programs one should review and consider all the aspects involved.
Stakeholders consulting and project examination are among the most important aspects that must be taken into account during the instruments selection.
If several organizations are involved in the software Test Automation Services development process it is necessary to consult all the project parties.
One Should Determine the Next Issues:
– what types of testing are to be performed: graphical user interface testing, functional testing, usability testing, load testing, compatibility testing or other type of testing;
– what project parties expect from the instruments, what operations are supposed to be automated.
It is essential to learn the project parties’ views and estimations. It will help a software testing company to get a profound comprehending of what software and hardware equipment is needed for the project.
Project managers may look for instruments that are compatible with the whole project environment and hardware if possible.
Often the stakeholders agree upon that it is better to acquire tools supporting certain project. For instance, specific instruments for the project.
Frequently managers instruct to buy tools that are suitable not for only one project but can be applied for some others. It is cost effective. Otherwise the acquired instruments will be useless when the application is released.
To satisfy all the requirements and select the most suitable tools it is good to compose a register of instrument-estimation criteria.
Before acquiring automated testing instruments it is necessary to become familiar with the project peculiarities. Many modern applications are sophisticated big software. To develop and test such a system much efforts and time is needed. That is why it is important to take into account all the system details when choosing the instruments.
To the Most Important Issues That Must Be Considered Belong:
– peculiarities of the system architecture;
– the project databases, middleware, hardware;
– specialities of the application design;
– programming languages used along the project including languages of third-party components;
– operating systems and other elements of the project environments.